RIDE Solutions offers the region’s employers technical assistance and focused marketing services for a commuter options program. The Workplace Partner program is designed to help you meet your business and sustainability goals.
When you register as a RIDE Solutions workplace, we will work with you to create a program as simple or comprehensive as you choose. You will have access to our expert assistance to help you set up and implement a commuter options program — developing a workplace program to address your specific needs whether it’s simply promoting transportation options to your employees, incentives programs, or survey and analysis to identify transportation needs and habits and ensure the program is working.
We recognize that our industry partners are resource constrained so we also provide direct assistance in customized surveys, density analyses, trip diaries, and impact assessments, such as determining size and cost of parking requirements, a perpetual concern.
Sustainable Benefits That Last: Implementing a trip reduction program through RIDE Solutions not only helps you reduce expenses and provide employee benefits, it reduces your carbon footprint and improves regional air quality. RIDE Solutions can provide partners with measurable, marketable results of your efforts to help you meet your business goals.
Whether your focus is on making a difference for the environment or improving your bottom line, there are plenty of reasons to go green.
If you’re interested in taking your company to the next level of sustainability, we can also help you navigate the application process for these (and other) programs:
- Roanoke Regional Chamber’s Cool Green Biz
- LEED Certification
- Bicycle Friendly Business
- Best Workplaces for Commuters
As a program of your local planning districts and the Department of Rail and Public transit, all RIDE Solutions employer services are absolutely free of charge. By encouraging your employees to take advantage of their commute options, you’re contributing to a better travel experience for everyone on Virginia’s roads. Below is some of what RIDE Solutions can provide:
- Employee Survey: RIDE Solutions will create, administer, and analyze a survey of employees’ transportation needs and preferences.
- Density Mapping: RIDE Solutions will develop a density map using employer provided geographical data to show potential ridematching and vanpool opportunities, in addition to proximity to safe biking and transit options.
- Site Analysis: RIDE Solutions will provide a written report on a worksite’s access to transportation alternatives, recommendations for improvements, and potential impacts.
- Transportation Fair: RIDE Solutions will organize local alternative transportation providers such as bike shops and transit agencies to provide employees with information on all their transportation options.
- Posters and Marketing Collateral: RIDE Solutions will provide posters, flyers, signage, and other materials promoting transportation options and related messages, all branded to be consistent with your organization.
- Registration Contest: RIDE Solutions will create and administer a registration drive contest for employees.
- Lunch and Learns: RIDE Solutions will sponsor lunch and learn sessions with employees on topics from first time bike commuter tips, to using our carpool matching service, to the health impacts of alternative transportation. RIDE Solutions will cover the cost for lunches.
- Promotional Copy: RIDE Solutions will develop custom promotional copy to be used in a blast email, on an intranet, in an employee newsletter, or other media.
- Bicycle Friendly Business Consultation: RIDE Solutions will provide consultation on the employer’s next Bicycle Friendly Business application.
- Best Workplaces for Commuters Consultation: RIDE Solutions will provide consultation on the employer’s next Best Workplaces for Commuters application.
- LEED Certification Assistance: RIDE Solutions will provide consultation on obtaining Alternative Transportation credits for various LEED certification Programs.
- Continuing Education Credits, Sustainable Transportation: RIDE Solutions will provide an online or in-person educational program on sustainable transportation. The program can count as 1 hour of continuing education credits towards many certification programs.
- Roanoke Regional Chamber Cool Green Biz program: RIDE Solutions will provide consultation on receiving certification under the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Cool Green Biz program.
- Complimentary Bike Racks: RIDE Solutions can offer Workplace partners bike racks to increase their bike parking capacity free of charge.
- Vanpooling: RIDE Solutions can connect Workplace partners to funding opportunities through Vanstart and other grant to kickstart a vanpool program.
- Telework: Through the Telework!VA program, RIDE Solutions can connect employers to tax benefits to reduce the initial costs of starting a telecommuting program.
- Tax Deferred Communter Benefits: RIDE Solutions can help you implement the Bike Commuter or Transit Commuter Fringe Benefit to reduce the cost of your employees exploring their transportation options.
A commuter options program makes your business stronger
Implementing a commuter options program through RIDE Solutions can strengthen your bottom line through the four P’s of our Workplace partnership: People, Productivity, Parking and Planet. Here are just some of the ways our free partnership program can help your organization:
- Help your employees save money – more than $3,000 a year in many cases.
- Create or enhance an employee wellness program through our bicycle commuting support.
- Encourage networking and team-building through carpooling or vanpooling.
- Access to commute options also means access to reliable transportation, reducing turnover and absenteeism.
- A healthier workforce is a more productive workforce – absenteeism from illness and other ailments go down, meaning a more consistent workflow and production schedule, no matter your business.
- A commuter options program saves your employees money – at no cost to you.
- Attract and retain the best and brightest. More and more employees in high-tech and other knowledge-sector jobs look for the quality of life benefits of alternative transportation.
- Improve facility management and reduce expansion costs by minimizing the need for employee parking.
- Convert parking spaces to green space or other uses to minimize stormwater management fees.
- Improve customer access by making sure prime, convenient spots are always available for customers, rather than employees.
- Reduce or eliminate parking subsidies for employees in downtown areas.
- Reduce your environmental footprint and air quality impact by reducing vehicle trips to your worksite.
- Meet corporate sustainability goals with complete support from RIDE Solutions experts.
- Achieve credits for LEED designation: up to 12 for LEED for New Construction or 15 for LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Management.
- Become a Bicycle Friendly Business with full consultation support from RIDE Solutions staff.